Sunday, March 25, 2012

In My Mailbox


The "In My Mailbox" post consists of which books we bought during the past week, hosted by The Story Siren.

I'm attempting to lower my book count each week.  I'm not allowed to buy books or look at Netgalley (even though I slightly failed) although emails with requests are still fair game.  But considering I read five books in the last week and only picked up two, I'd say that's progress on slimming down my to-read pile.

For Review (e-edition):

Hellbound by Su Halfwerk
This horror novel is a collection of three short stories, and it caught my attention due to the interesting cover.  I have read this book, and it is definitely something I would recommend to people who are looking for a change of pace (and stark humor with no romance).  Thanks goes to Enchanted Book Promotions for setting up this tour.
Shadow of the Witte Wieven by Debbie Peterson
Ooh, an adult paranormal romance.  I haven't read one of those in a while.  And this book doesn't involve the typical vampires/werewolves that I'm used to.  Needless to say, I'm looking forward to this one.  Thanks goes to Enchanted Book Promotions for setting up this tour.

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha, it's hard to slim down the TBR pile AND avoid looking at Netgalley books, at least for me.

    Best of luck to you and enjoy your new reads!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. After what I did in February (400 USD Book-Buying-ACCIDENT) I am trying so hard to get make my TBR-Shelf become a little smaller, too, but it doesn't work. XD

    The collection looks interesting.. Not that I would ever buy it or anything.. *adds it to Next-To-Buy-list*

    Patricia // My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent heard of either of these before but they sound interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    My IMM: http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-33-awesome-sleepy-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. NetGalley is where I fail the most. I've been trying to make my piles smaller but so far it's not working :P
    Hoping you'll do better and I did! And also enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need to slim down my pile as well. Great post!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, just popping in... Nice!

    All these books and not enough time in the day :P

    Enjoy your reading!

    I'm also your newest follower!

    Here is my blog to check out:
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're the exact same way for NetGalley right now!

    Our Imm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are new to me, but they look good! Have fun reading :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...