Sunday, March 18, 2012

In My Mailbox


The "In My Mailbox" post consists of which books we bought during the past week, hosted by The Story Siren.

For Review:

  • Kevin's Point of View by Del Shannon
    • Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads
      • A book regarding imagination to help a boy overcome grief.  I'm excited to escape my own imagination and enter Kevin's (it'll be a nice change of scenery).  Thanks goes to Del Shannon for providing me with a review copy (unfortunately the mailman wasn't having a good Friday when he shoved the book into my mailbox).

Won:


Purchased:

  • Torn by Amanda Hocking
    • Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads
      • I absolutely loved the first book and decided to pick up the second.  And I can't wait to start reading this book.
  • The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
    • Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads
      • Yes, I'm one of the few who's been missing out on the Iron Fey series.  But now I have the first one and can start the series one day...
  • Born at Midnight by CC Hunter
    • Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads
      • I really indulged this week by grabbing plenty of paranormal books this week.  Vampires, werewolves, and other things that I enjoy.
  • The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle by LJ Smith
    • Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads
      • You know how confusing it is to know which book is the first one in this series?  Good thing I have Goodreads to set me straight.  After watching the television series, I thought I should pick up the books.

  • Hunger Games Shirt
      • In anticipation of The Hunger Games movie coming out, the girls at work decided to have a shirt made.  And I absolutely love the quote on the back!!  (And yes, that's me modeling the shirt.)

From the Library:

  • Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
    • Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads
      • Can I tell you that I've been waiting for this book for quite some time?  I'm really looking forward to this dystopian read.

For Review (e-edition):

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross
I have to admit that the covers for these books are gorgeous.  And I thought I'd give the second book a try.  Thanks goes to Harlequin Teen and Netgalley.





Purchased (e-edition):

Beautiful Demons by Sarra Cannon
I picked this freebie up after seeing another reader post it on their IMM last week.  I couldn't pass this one up after reading about description.

19 comments:

  1. Oh my, I am so jealous you got The Hunt. I really want this book. I also haven't read Iron King yet, although I have the whole series, so don't worry you are not the last one.
    Thanks for stopping by My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW TEAM PEETA! YESSS! I got these little Mockingjay brooches/pins for my friend & I should have added that to my IMM post! I can't wait-movie's almost here! Just finished the Mockingjay book yesterday! I loved The Iron King! I still have to read the rest of the series though. Can't wait to read Article 5-should be coming in the mail anytime for me now. I know what you mean about trying to figure out the order of books in a series... I always have to check Goodreads too hahaa! Happy Reading! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so lucky to get The Hunt. I need to find a way to get my hands on an arc!! :p. Anyway, happy reading darling


    Here's my IMM: http://emilyscrammedbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-14.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Iron King! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-26.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute shirt!!
    I have Switched an Torn on my TBR. Hope to get to those soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got quite a few great books! The Hunt, Article 5, and Torn are on my list. Born at Midnight and The Iron King are really great. Oh, and I plan on starting The Vampire Dairies too. I was watching the tv show, but I kind of gave up on that. There are too many good shows to keep up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there, I see that you're reading through the Switched trilogy by Amanda Hocking. I've read (and reviewed) Switched. The Hunger Games shirt also looks awesome. My husband prints shirts as well, so I've been bugging him to make me a few Hunger Games shirts as well. :) In time for the movie release of course. The Hunt and Article 5 do look like they have a dystopian vibe to them. Enjoy your new reads!

    Here’s mine over at GatheringBooks:
    http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/in-my-mailbox-39/

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I LOVE your shirt!

    Enjoy all your books!

    Jenny at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love your shirt. I think i need to find my own :) You had a pretty great book haul this week too. Happy Reading!
    My IMM- http://bookworm-meags222.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Already read the Iron King & I'm dying to read The Girl in the Steel Corset. And I Love your shirt!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome books and an even more awesome shirt... YAY! Enjoy

    Here is my IMM

    Happy Reading!
    Lindsay @ Turning the Pages
    Blogoversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  12. That shirt is amazing. Also, wow you got a great haul for books this week. Some of those are on my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm totally loving your shirt. Too cool. I rcvd The Hunt too. So far it's amazing with no signs of letting up. Hope you enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books and nice shirt! The Hunt sounds amazing.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great set! I'm with you on Team Peeta. I was Team Gale for the first book but came over to Team Peeta afterward.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to read The Girl in the Clockwork Collar. Great IMM! I hope you enjoy all reads.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh wonderful t-shirt! I'm on Team Peeta myself! Youre so lucky to get The Hunt in a print copy!

    ---
    Giselle from booknerd.ca
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so jealous that you got a copy of The Hunt! I hope you enjoy The Iron King, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, The Hunt! YAY. It looks amazingly good. And I loved The Iron Kind myself. ;) Also, that shirt is kinda awesome!

    Sorry for stopping by so late! Too much of a crazy week, sadly. I really hope you enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...