Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly post hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it spotlights upcoming books that we as readers are anxiously awaiting...

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
Genre:  YA Paranormal Fantasy
Blood of Eden Series, Book 1
Julie Kagawa's website
Expected publication date:  April 24, 2012
Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads

Description (taken from Goodreads):
You will kill. The only question is when.

In the dark days since the insidious Red Lung virus decimated the human population, vampires have risen to rule the crumbling cities and suburbs. Uncontested Princes hold sway over diminished ranks of humans: their "pets." In exchange for their labor, loyalty and of course, their blood, these pets are registered, given food and shelter, permitted to survive.

Unregistered humans cling to fringes, scavenging for survival. Allison Sekemoto and her fellow Unregistereds are hunted, not only by vampires, but by rabids, the unholy result of Red Lung-infected vampires feeding on unwary humans. One night, Allie is attacked by a pack of rabids, saved by an unlikely hero...and turned vampire.

Uncomfortable in her undead skin, Allie falls in with a ragtag crew of humans seeking a cure, or cures: for Rabidism and for Vampirism. She's passing for human...for now. But the hunger is growing and will not be denied. Not for friendship—not even for love.

This one sounds so good!  I don't know if you know it or not, but I have a vampire fetish.  And I've heard so many good things about Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series.  You'd think I'd have read those books by now, but I haven't.  I can't wait for this one!

1 comment:

  1. If this isn't the 10th time I have seen this book in the last few weeks as a WOW pick, then I'll eat a cat.. Okay, no, I'm allergic to cats, but..

    It does really sound good. When I saw the backcover-text-thing I was SO curious about the novel even though I did not enjoy the Iron Fey series as much as most people did. Then again, I don't like faeries.. It was to be expected. XD

    Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy this once it hit the shelves!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...