Saturday, January 14, 2012

Switched by Amanda Hocking


Genre:  YA Paranormal Fantasy
Trylle Trilogy, Book 1

Description (taken from Amanda Hocking's website):
When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy discovers her mother might have been right.

With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - a world both beautiful and frightening, and Wendy's not sure she wants to be a part of it.


Every girl has this fantasy where they don't belong to this world, but instead, they belong in a mythical kingdom where they are the princess that everyone wants to know and bows down to.  Or some variation of that form (me, I was always the queen because who's need to be a princess when you can be queen?).  And that's exactly what Amanda Hocking brings when you enter her world.

When I started the prologue, and read how Wendy's mother tried to kill her, I thought she deserved it based on her attitude.  Wendy starts out as a snobbish, selfish, privileged little girl.  I honestly had no idea if I'd even like the book.  Trust me when I say this, the prologue is only 5 pages, and Wendy's selfishness isn't seen afterwards.  On the contrary, she's actually a very head-strong and caring person trying to fit in.

And then Wendy enters the land of Trylle, with the help of Finn.  Sidenote, Finn's awesome but he's not the only awesome guy in the book.  I can't say a whole lot about Trylle without ruining the mystery (at least I try not to spoil plots too much), but it'll make you think back to those days when you fantasized about kingdoms, princes, and unicorns (maybe not so much the unicorns).  If you don't, then I guess I'm the oddball...

Would I recommend this book?  Definitely!!  I can't wait until all three are out (second comes out at the end of February and the third the end of April) because I plan on owning this trilogy!


A special shout out goes to Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy for letting me participate in this ARC tour. If you are interested in participating in one of her tours, check out her ARC Tour page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...