Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top Ten Favorite Books I Read in 2011


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's post is the Top Ten Favorite Books I Read in 2011.

My favorite books in 2011.  That means anything in this post is something I definitely recommend you go read one day.

1.  Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Awesome book that redeems the sci-fi genre in my eyes.  I recommend every one go read this book.  The second book is coming out in January; I'm excited!
2.  Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
A book that deserved all the hype it received.  I was pleasantly surprised with this awesome ghost read.  I enjoyed it a lot.  Too bad I don't own a copy of it.
3.  Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Richelle Mead = favorite author.  Vampires = awesome.  Bloodlines = even more awesomeness!!!
4.  Cassandra Clare's books published in 2011
Cassandra Clare's books are awesome!!  I definitely recommend the Mortal Instruments series and Infernal Devices series to anyone who loves a good young adult paranormal read.
5.  Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost
One of the few non-young-adult books I've read this year.  And I loved it!!  If young adult isn't your cup of tea but vampires are, then read these books.
6.  Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong
Another adult series to read if you like paranormal books.  This series is very refreshing and it does not go downhill at all.  I love these books!
7.  Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready
Another ghost series...  I think I see a common theme this year.  Maybe ghosts have become the new cool thing to read about...
8.  Shatter Me by Tareheh Mafi
This was a different kind of writing style.  But it was awesome!!  Go read it...
9.  Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Awesome romance, awesome mythology, awesome story!  I loved it!!!  And maybe you will too...
10.  Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich
I only started this series this year.  And the books have been great.  I've also heard that the latest books are just as great as the first ones.  And they're making a movie for the first book.  This book opened me up to the detective/mystery series (the humor is awesome).

5 comments:

  1. Keep going with Stephanie Plum. She's great to read every time you need to remember that life is not as serious as it seems!

    I'm off to visit every blog with a Top Ten of 2011 list and add all the intriguing titles to my (already very lengthy) wishlist at Amazon. Thanks for your list!

    Here's my Top Ten Favorite Books I Read in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of these books are on my to-read list! Great selection (I guess:)) Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list - I read Across the Universe and agree it was so good. A few of the others on your list I plan to read soon - like Anna Dressed in Blood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Agree with Cassandra Clare. I definitely want to read Anna Dressed in Blood and Shatter Me, plus I have the first of the Shade Series to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a little embarrassing to admit that I haven't read any of the books on your list yet! They all sound great though :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...